There are Disney fans and then there are Disney fans. Folks who love the magic so so much, that instead of just bringing it home then recreate it as closely as they can. Talk about devotion, these two Disney dads have built replicas of Disney lands and attractions right in their own home so their families are never far from the magic.
- TheDailyWoo gets a full tour and up close look at the details of Larzland’s Fantasyland basement.
- Imagine stepping into your basement and being transported directly to Disneyland. Well for this lucky family that’s a daily occurrence.
- Gizmodo reports that YouTuber Larzland scaled down the facades of iconic Fantasyland attractions and store fronts to fit in his basement.
- While his Fantasyland doesn’t feature any attractions (just normal basement living spaces), it does have a very magical feel to it. He’s replicated everything so closely that it’s like you’re right there.
- One special highlight of his basement Fantasyland is the lighting which can be switched from day to night bringing all day magic to life. There are also speakers that allow him to play the sounds of bustling crowds and themed music from around the land and attractions.
- His replicase include:
- Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride
- Snow White’s Scary Adventures
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Geppetto’s Workshop
- Village Haus restaurant
- Dan Schmidt from Wisconsin has created a working replica of The Haunted Mansion in his garage!
- Schmidt is a design director at Great Wolf lodge and has been bringing his version of the attraction to life since 2014. According to a report in Popular Mechanics, Schmidt even involves his family in the building and design process.
- Schmidt drew inspiration from the Haunted Mansion at Walt Disney World and Mystic Manor at Hong Kong Disneyland to build his fantastic working model.
- During Halloween, he even lets the neighbors take a spin on the ride.
- While his version might not be the most elaborate recreation, he stays as faithful to source as possible. His version even features tombstones with ghoulish heads rising from the darkness thanks to some PVC pipe, plywood, and a shop vac.
- Fans will also recognize the Hatbox ghost and the transforming family portraits which can be obtained from Memento Mori at Magic Kingdom.
What did you think of these home replicas of Disney classics? Have you ever recreated Disney at your home? Let us know!