Well here’s one for you, Facebook serves many purposes, and this weekend it was used as a “Lost and Found.” When a couple was separated during their visit to Epcot, Brittany Blake turned to Facebook asking for help to locate her missing boyfriend.
Tampa’s ABC Action News called it “a real-life ‘Where’s Waldo?’ situation” with Waldo in this case being Regory Turco.
Blake and Turco were enjoying their day at Epcot when they got separated. Unable to find Truco in the spring break crowds, Blake asked the Annual Passholder Facebook group for some help.
Her post read: “Weird post but lost my boyfriend in Epcot today and haven’t been able to find him for hours because his phone is dead. If anyone sees him can they tell him to meet us at the Mexican pavillion?” Blake also shared a picture of the two from earlier in the day showing Truco in a hard to miss Hawaiian shirt.
The internet got to work, and comments included helpful suggestions:
- Michelle Biondolillo said: “This is why we always have a designated meeting place if we get split up and can’t reach each other. Head to customer service/to the front of the park. I’m certain he’s there trying to find you as well LOL”
- Jennifer Cardona added: “We have a home base we go to if we manage to get separated or phones are dead or other variables.”
- John Edwards wrote: “At some point you need to give up and take the gift that’s in front of you. You’re now a single rider and that’s almost like having a fast pass. His loss.”
Others shared some silly info:
- Joey-Alexandra Evans Brummet: “Have you checked P Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney?”
- Jefferey Gitkos said: “I did not see him but stitch has a similar shirt on” and attached a photo:
Truco was gone for nearly 3 hours and finally, with less than 15 minutes left before close, he was spotted. Where? Where would any twenty-something man hang out? Frozen Ever After!
Blake let the Facebook group know Truco had been located saying: “Update on my boyfriend: Found on the frozen ride. He was drinking all day while looking for me. BTW: thanks for everyone’s nice comments!!”
Have you lost a significant other or family member in the parks? What plans do you have for when you get separated? Let us know!