What do you do after you star in one of the most popular film franchises, including the highest-grossing movie of all-time? Well naturally, you play fantasy football. Avengers: Endgame director Joe Russo and his production company AGBO, have created a fantasy football league in which 14 Marvel stars will play to raise oney and awareness for their own respective charities.
The AGBO Superhero League was created thanks to a $100,000 donation from Russo and AGBO. The qualification to get into the league, was at least an appearance in a Marvel movie. That qualification is not limited to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, nor does it require the actor to be the star of the movie. Russo and ESPN fantasy football analyst Matthew Berry, who made a cameo in Avengers: Endgame, took advantage of the latter.
As you can see in the video above, Russo and Berry sat down to discuss the league and revealed the drafter order for it.
- Pick #1 – Elizabeth Olsen (Scarlet Witch)
- Pick #2 – Karen Gillan (Nebula)
- Pick #3 – Anthony Mackie (Falcon)
- Pick #4 – Chris Pratt (Star-Lord)
- Pick #5 – Ryan Reynolds (Deadpool)
- Pick #6 – Michael B. Jordan (Killmonger)
- Pick #7 – Miles Teller (Mr. Fantastic)
- Pick #8 – Chris Evans (Captain America)
- Pick #9 – Tom Holland (Spider-Man)
- Pick #10 – Chris Hemsworth (Thor)
- Pick #11 – Paul Rudd (Ant-Man)
- Pick #12 – Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man)
- Pick #13 – Matthew Berry (S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent)
- Pick #14 – Joe Russo (Director/ Grieving Man)
The video also shows some notable picks on each player’s team and personally, I think I like Michael B. Jordan’s and Chris Pratt’s teams the best. Not that my opinion really matters here, I mean, I’ve only won four fantasy football championships in the past three years. That’s right Berry! You’re not the only one who can brag!
Want to follow along with the AGBO Superhero League and see who comes out on top? Berry and his co-host Daniel Dopp will keep fans updated on the standings, roster moves and even the trash talk with weekly segments on The Fantasy Show on ESPN+ as well as other platforms including digital and social.
Mike is a writer that has covered comic cons, theme park events, video game showcases and other fun events. He is a fan of theme parks, sports, movies, Marvel Comics and is a self-proclaimed “nerd.”