Registration will open today at Noon Eastern for the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna. In addition to adding the Dopey Challenge, the Walt Disney World 10K featuring Minnie Mouse and all new medals for the news races, Half Marathon, Marathon and Goofy Challenge, runDisney is making additional enhancements to improve the race experience.
- Men’s and women’s cut tech shirts available for the 10K, half, full, Dopey Challenge and Goofy Challenge
- Lowering our weekend capacity by 2,000 runners, mostly in the half marathon
- Proof of time required from more runners
- Runners in the half marathon must supply proof of time if 3:15 or less
- Runners in the full marathon must supply proof of time if 6:30 or less
- More detailed information required for proof of time to allow better verification
- More corrals allowing us to better place runners with similar abilities together and therefore spreading out the field on the course
- No corral changes based on proof of time will be made after November 1
Here’s a video with Faron Kelley, Director of Communication and Marketing forDisney Sports, talking about some of these changes.