Good Morning America and all of the Disney Destinations around the globe will celebrate the 50th Anniversary of “it’s a small world” on April 10 when they will join user submitted videos to create wa world wide sing-a-long.
Guests can submit their videos at SmallWorld50.com. They can also create a virtual “it’s a small world doll”. The Walt Disney Company will donate USD $150,000 to benefit UNICEF in honor of the 50th anniversary of “it’s a small world,” plus USD $1 for every sing-along video recorded and another USD $1 for every virtual doll created, up to USD $100,000.
From the website:
On Thursday, April 10, 2014, guests and cast members at Disney Parks around the world will unite in song to celebrate the 50th anniversary of “it’s a small world,” the classic Disney Parks attraction that opened as a tribute to peace and hope at the 1964 New York World’s Fair.
Highlights of the worldwide sing-along extravaganza include:
• Hong Kong Disneyland® Resort: Students from Hong Kong schools will gather to pay tribute to “it’s a small world” in Cantonese, along with a traditional Chinese dragon joining the celebration to offer a blessing for the anniversary.
• Tokyo Disney Resort®: Tokyo Disneyland® Park cast and guests will celebrate and sing “it’s a small world” in Japanese at Tokyo DisneySea® Park.
• Disneyland® Paris: The international team of Disneyland Paris will gather in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle and will sing their version of the song.
• Disneyland® Resort: A choir of cast members will sing the iconic anthem in front of the beautiful façade of the original attraction at Disneyland® Park in California.
• Walt Disney World® Resort: In Florida, international cast representing the 11 countries featured at Epcot® will lead guests, cast and children in song in front of Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom
Other celebrities have joined the celebration: