Disney’s Maker Studios has announced that they will be producing content for Verizon’s Go90 mobile video platform. The service, that is not exclusive to Verizon customers, already features content from ESPN. One Maker Studios series, Geekenders, a cross-country adventure series starring YouTube gaming stars Jesse Cox and Brooke Lawson, is already available on the service.
Upcoming projects include:
* “Marvel’s Off The Rack”: Hollywood celebs and digital stars explore the world of Marvel Comics through discussions and re-enactments with special cameos from Marvel creators.
* “In A Galaxy”: A collaboration between Morgan Spurlock’s Warrior Poets and Lucasfilm, series explores the lives of 22 “Star Wars” superfans.
* “Defining Beauty” (Season 2): Four African-American beauty influencers — Shameless Maya, SimplyBiancaAlexa, Nik Scott and Taren Guy — examine how society defines beauty.
* “Fantasy Quest”: 3D animated series based on the popular Minecraft video game.
* “Polaris Grand Prix”: Video-game-racing series featuring talent from Maker’s Polaris network including Yogscast, LDShadowLady, CinnamonToastKen and UberHaxorNova.
* “Prank School”: YouTube prankster-magician Rahat takes a protégé under his wing in each episode — but the unsuspecting would-be pranksters become the pranked.
* Untitled Jabbawockeez Project: Dance competition series featuring young hopefuls competing to become part of dance crew‘s Jabbawockeez season one winners. A select group will be chosen to go through intensive training and a final audition process, with the winner invited to become the newest member of the group.
The deal also includes access to other Maker videos and coverage of Maker’s live events.