This Saturday, March 18th marks the 50th anniversary of Disneyland’s classic attraction Pirates of the Caribbean. To celebrate this milestone, the Disney Parks Blog has just announced that the park will offer specialty food, drink, entertainment, and merchandise this weekend.
Here’s what guests can plunder for the occasion:
- Beginning Thursday, March 16: Guests may feast upon special, pirate-themed food at French Market Restaurant, Mint Julep Bar, Harbour Galley, Royal Street Veranda, Cafe Orleans and Blue Bayou Restaurant. Blue Bayou also celebrates its 50th anniversary on March 18. Food items vary by location and will include:
- Buccaneer Pulled Pork Sandwich: Jerk-spiced Pork, Sweet and Tangy Barbecue
- Sauce, Pineapple Caribbean-style Slaw and Fried Yucca
- Lost Treasure Beignets: Lemon-flavored Beignets with gold shimmer dust
- Jolly Roger Punch: Spiced Tropical Juices with hints of Pineapple, Orange and Mango
- Calypso’s Caribbean Chicken Stew: Caribbean-seasoned Chicken stewed with Onions, Carrots, Celery, Tomatoes, Potatoes and Yucca
- Golden Churro: Gold-dusted Churro
- On Friday, March 17: Pirate-themed entertainment comes alive throughout New Orleans Square, including performances by the Bootstrappers and Lucky the Pirate.
- Saturday, March 18: Even more entertainment will be added on the attraction’s official anniversary, including appearances by the legendary pirate himself, Captain Jack Sparrow. Guests may purchase limited-edition, anniversary merchandise in New Orleans Square, while supplies last. Pirate Speak! collectible cards will be available for guests who wish to talk like a pirate.