A woman visiting Disneyland Paris from the United Kingdom is suing the resort after an incident at a Newport Bay Club restaurant led to burns on her face and hands. According to Yahoo, Erica Osbourne says her injuries were the result of a fire created by a Crème Brûlée torch at the dining establishment. She says that, when the chef went to brown the sugar on the top of the dessert, “a massive fireball came across the counter toward me.” This caused second-degree burns on her face, singed part of her hair and eyebrows, and burned her clothing. The chef, with the assistance of other guests, was able to extinguish the fire by rolling Osbourne onto the ground. Thankfully, Osbourne’s daughter had left the table at the time of the incident. A spokesperson for Disneyland Paris declined to comment as the investigation and lawsuit are ongoing.

 
 

Comments


Send this to a friend