Irish restaurant Raglan Road at Disney Springs is getting into the spirit of St. Patrick’s Day with a three-day holiday festival. The Mighty St. Patrick’s Festival will take place March 16th through the 18th and will feature plenty of live music, delicious food, and creative cocktail creations.
While this event takes place at America’s #1 Irish Pub, that doesn’t mean it isn’t family friendly. There’s fun to be had for all ages, even their entertainment lineup features children! Below is a preview of all the talented groups set to perform.
- Young Dubliners – One of Celtic rock’s hardest working bands, the Young Dubliners play hundreds of shows to thousands of fans across the United States and Europe every year. Young Dubliners are known for their hearty rock and Irish-infused live performances.
- Elevation (U2) — Back by popular demand, this stellar U2 tribute act will play two special nighttime shows March 16 and 17. They appeared at Raglan Road’s Great Irish Hooley last September during U2’s world tour celebrating 30 years of the groundbreaking Joshua Tree album.
- The Maguires – Called “brilliant” by IrishCentral news, The Maguires traditional Irish family band comprises Emma, 17, on fiddle, flute and whistle; Aoife, 15, on concertina and uilleann pipes; Sean, 12, on bodhrán; and their dad, Philip, on guitar. Trad favorites and modern tunes combine with syncopated, infectious rhythms sure to wow Mighty Festival crowds.
- Briste — This inspiring all-female trio includes Emma Robinson (flute, whistle), Joanna Boyle (banjo, vocals) and Alison Crossey (bodhran, guitar). They grew up listening to and playing traditional Irish music, winning numerous awards at County, Ulster and All Ireland competitions, quickly gaining themselves a fine reputation in traditional music circles. Blending together their rich musical backgrounds, Briste creates a fresh and exciting mix of country, folk and Irish traditional music.
- The Byrne Brothers — An exceptionally talented traditional Irish music family from Donegal. They are Luca, 13 (button accordion); Finn, 11 (banjo, mandolin and whistle); Dempsey, 8, (whistle and bodhran); and father,Tommy (guitar, Uilleann pipes, fiddle, whistles, bagpipes and bodhran). Their show combines exciting traditional Irish tunes with modern dance beats, and they love to interact with every audience.
- The Raglan Roots Coalition – This edgy house band is known for its soul-rockin’ Celtic bluegrass with hip-swingin’, knee-shakin’ funky roots beats.
- Reel Republic – Hailing from the southwest corner of Ireland, Aisling Egan-Sage (fiddle); Liam O’Keefe (box, vocals); and Colin Foley (guitar, vocals) are Reel Republic 2.0, three seriously talented musicians always pushing to make the next gig better than the last.
- Out the Gap – Niall McIlroy (guitar, ukulele bass, whistles and flute); Deirdre Ni Mheachair (fiddle); and Aidan Byrne (guitar, vox, keys and percussion) make up the pub’s newest house band performing a sweet combination of innate musicianship, beautiful tune playing and fairly outrageous virtuosity.
- The Raglan Road Irish Dancers – Plucked from the cast and stages of the world’s greatest Irish dance shows, the Raglan Road Irish Dancers perform throughout the Mighty Festival. You can even learn some traditional Irish dance steps – no experience necessary!
Raglan Road wouldn’t be a proper pub if it didn’t have a fantastic menu. Enjoy new creations from their talented chefs including, Guinness-braised Pulled Pork, Apple Chutney with Pork Crackling on a Homemade Bun, and handmade Gnocchi with seared Georges Bank Scallops and Crispy Pork Belly. They’ll also be serving the authentic Irish dish of St. Patrick’s Day: Loin of Bacon and Cabbage, and other pub classics. Their counter-service eatery, Cooke’s of Dublin will offer Irish favorites as well, including fish and chips.
Mighty St. Patrick’s Festival
March 16 – 12 p.m. until 1:30 a.m.
March 17 – 10 a.m. until 1:30 a.m.
March 18 – 10 a.m. until 1:30 a.m.
Please note on March 17 (St. Patrick’s Day) guests will be seated on a first-come, first-served basis with a cover charge of $10 for each guest age 18 and older. So gather the family and head to Disney Springs this St. Patrick’s Day for a weekend full of fun, and don’t forget to dress in green!