Woo-oo! Disney Channel has announced their first ever “Duck Week” will debut this spring. Starting on Sunday, May 6th feathers will fly as fans of experience a variety of duck themed content that will surely “quack” them up. As part of the fun, fans of all ages will be able to enjoy:
- DuckTales product line at Disney store and shopDisney.com
- Augmented Reality experience in collaboration with Unity Technologies; a special Snapchat lens allows fans to jump into a virtual Money Bin with DuckTales characters
- PSA celebrating diverse families as part of Disney|ABC Television’s annual Foster Care Awareness campaign with FosterMore
- New Shorts featuring Webby
- Interstitials featuring baby ducks in reimagined scenes from Disney Channel shows including Andi Quack, Raven’s Pond and Duck in the Middle.
Also as part of Duck Week, Lin-Manuel Miranda will make his DuckTales debut. The actor, composer, and playwright, will voice Gizmoduck aka Fenton Crackshell-Cabrera in the Disney Channel series. Miranda is a longtime fan of DuckTales and is thrilled to be a part of the ongoing story saying, “I’m really excited that a new generation of kids will be growing up with DuckTales. As a huge fan of the original series, I love that I can share this new version with my sons.”
Duck Week fun starts on Sunday, May 6th. Be sure to catch Miranda’s Gizmoduck on Friday, May 11th when he appears in the episode Beware of the B.U.D.D.Y. System!