Today, Disney Channel announced that three more actors from the Descendants franchise would be returning for the upcoming Disney Channel Original Movie Descendants 3.
- Sarah Jeffery will return as Audrey, the daughter of Princess Aurora
- Although Jefferey starred in the first Descendants film, her character was only referenced in the sequel and did not appear on screen.
- Also returning for Descendants 3 are Thomas Doherty and Dylan Playfair, reprising their roles as Harry and Gil.
- These newly-confirmed cast members joining Dove Cameron as Mal, Cameron Boyce as Carlos, Sofia Carson as Evie, Booboo Stewart as Jay, Mitchell Hope as King Ben and China Anne McClain as Uma.
- Descendants 3 is set to begin next month. The film will premiere on Disney Channel in 2019.
- The Descendants 3 screenplay was written by Sara Parriott and Josann McGibbon
- Kenny Ortega will direct the film and be joined by Wendy Japhet as executive producer.
- Kara Saun is the costume designer, Mark Hofeling is the production designer, Shawn Williamson is the producer, and Jamal Sims joins Kenny Ortega as choreographer.
- The Descendants franchise follows the children of some of Disney’s most famous heroes and villains.
- Descendants and Descendants 2 were each the #1 cable movie for the respective years among Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14, and both rank among Disney Channel’s Top 10 original movies of all time.
- Music videos from both films have garnered nearly two billion global views.
- The Descendants 2 soundtrack was the #1 album on iTunes and in the Top 10 on the Billboard 200 chart.
- In the U.S., Descendants 2 costumes were the top-selling Halloween costumes at Disney Stores and the #1 costume at Party City in 2017.
- More than three million Descendants and Descendants 2 dolls have been sold and nearly five million Descendants-related books in print, including three popular young adult novels that were featured on the New York Times Best Sellers List.