The team behind the popular mobile game Disney Emoji Blitz have created special emoji versions of American Idol judges as well as the show’s host.
In partnership with ABC Television Group, Disney Emoji Blitz has emojified American Idol host, Ryan Seacrest, and judges Katy Perry, Lionel Richie, and Luke Bryan.
The customized emojis were created in the same art style of the game’s fan-favorite characters, in celebration of the show’s upcoming “Disney Night” episode, airing Sunday, April 29th on ABC.
- The emojified host and judges will be ‘blitzing’ social media leading up to April 29 across Disney-owned channels, including Oh My Disney.
ICYMI — American Idol:
- For the first time in show history, ABC’s American Idol will air live across the entire country at the same time. This will occur over three weeks.
- The first simulcast episode will have a Disney Night theme and feature Idina Menzel as a mentor to contestants.
- This past week, the show whittled the number of contestants down from 14 to 10.
- Last night, the Idol contestants also performed at Disneyland in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle.
- The first nationwide simulcast episode of American Idol will air on ABC Sunday, April 29th at 8 p.m. ET, 5 p.m. PT.
About Disney Emoji Blitz:
More than 500,000 people are playing Disney Emoji Blitz every day, totaling nearly 20 million players in under two years for the mobile game.
Disney Emoji Blitz lets fans collect and play with 400+ Disney and Pixar emojis like never before! Play fast-paced rounds of match-3 to earn prizes, complete missions, and discover new emojis.
Fans can blast the board with emoji super powers & combos, play missions to earn prizes, and share collected emojis through the Emoji Blitz keyboard.