Disney Cruise Line has announced a lineup of Disney on Broadway stars that will be performing on select voyages in 2018. These “Stars Set Sail” voyages will feature performances where the stars will share their Disney journeys through song. In addition, they will be featured in meet-and-greets, exclusive Q&A sessions, adults-only shows in the evening and theater classes for teens and tweens.
Disney fans will notice two performers whose Disney connections extend beyond Broadway. After being Broadway’s original Belle, Susan Egan voiced the role of Meg in Disney Animation’s Hercules. Before his roles in Disney Theatrical productions, Jonathan Freeman was the original voice of Jafar in the animated film Aladdin.
In addition Heidi Blickenstaff is set to star in the upcoming Freaky Friday musical Disney Channel Original Movie.
For more on Alton Fitzgerald White, read Alex’s review of his autobiography.
Here is the lineup by ship. Note that the Disney Dream is not participating in this program due to the short-nature of their itineraries.
- May 13: Kara Lindsay (“Newsies”) and Kevin Massey (“Tarzan”)
- July 7: Susan Egan (“Beauty and the Beast”)
- July 29: Jonathan Freeman (“Aladdin,” “The Little Mermaid,” “Beauty and the Beast”)
- Aug.16: Alton Fitzgerald White (“The Lion King”)
- Sept. 9: Michelle Mallardi (“Beauty and the Beast”)
- April 8: Steve Blanchard (“Beauty and the Beast,” “Newsies”) & Meredith Inglesby (“Beauty and the Beast,” “The Little Mermaid,” “Newsies”)
- July 9: Kissy Simmons (“The Lion King”)
- Oct. 19: Josh Strickland (“Tarzan”)
- June 30: Heidi Blickenstaff (“The Little Mermaid”)
- Dec. 29: Susan Egan (“Beauty and the Beast”)
For more information on these cruises, contact our partners at Mouse Fan Travel. They can provide additional information including itineraries and pricing.