Actor Harris Dickinson is reportedly set to play the prince in Disney’s upcoming sequel Maleficent II.
- According to Variety, Dickinson will play a love interest to Elle Fanning’s Aurora in the film.
- Dickinson would also play the son of Michelle Pfeiffer, who is also in talks to join the project.
- Fans might recognize Dickinson from his role of J. Paul Getty III on FX’s limited series Trust.
What we know about Maleficent II:
- Ed Skrien of Deadpool fame was recently cast to play a villain in the sequel.
- Joachim Ronning, who previously helmed Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, is set to direct.
- Angelina Jolie will reprise her role as the famous villain.
- Production on the film is set to start this year.
ICYMI — Disney Live Action:
- Maleficent II is one of several live-action projects currently moving forward at the Mouse House.
- Yesterday, Disney announced that production on The One and Only Ivan had begun. That film is set to combine live-action with CGI and will star Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad), Ramon Rodriquez (Iron Fist), Ariana Greenblatt (A Bad Moms Christmas), Indira Varma (Exodus: Gods and Kings), and Eleanor Matsuura (Wonder Woman). The film will also feature the voice talents of Angelina Jolie, Sam Rockwell, Helen Mirren, Danny DeVito, and Brooklynn Prince. Incidentally, Angelina Jolie is producing.
- Another book adaptation that also recently started production is Artemis Fowl. Newcomer Ferdia Shaw plays the title character, with Lara McDonnell playing Captain Holly Short. Dame Judi Dench and Josh Gad also star.
- One anticipated live-action remake on Disney’s slate is Mulan. Coming in 2020, the movie will star Liu Yifei, Donnie Yen, Gong Li, and Jet Li.