Starting May 7th, Walt Disney World FriendShip transportation from the Crescent Lake area to Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be temporarily unavailable.
- The closure is due to a refurbishment of the bridge at the Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Hotels.
- Despite the refurbishment, the pedestrian walkway on the bridge will remain open.
- Bus service to Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be available at Disney’s BoardWalk Resort, Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resort and the Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Hotels.
ICYMI — Walt Disney World updates:
- Today, several ABC shows are giving sneak peeks at Toy Story Land. So far we’ve seen new footage of Slinky Dog Dash, a look at the Wheezy Audio-Animatronic that will sing “You’ve Got a Friend in Me,” and a first look at the Alien Swirling Saucers vehicles. Plus, the gang from The Chew sampled some items from Woody’s Lunch Box. It’s all right here.
- Later this month, Walt Disney World will kick-off an Incredible Summer. The celebration includes an Incredibles Dance Party in Magic Kingdom, a new Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix show in Epcot (coming in June), Donald’s Dino-Bash at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, and much more.
- This summer, Typhoon Lagoon will host a special hard-ticket event inspired by the Toy Story short “Partysaurus Rex.” Disney H2O Glow Nights start June 21st and will transform the water park with unique lighting effects. Buzz, Woody and Jessie will also be on hand to greet guests. Tickets are available here.
- Speaking of hard ticket events, Walt Disney World has announced dates for another round of Disney After Dark events at Magic Kingdom. This time, parties run as late as 1 a.m. on select nights, but all events give guests access to dozen of rides for three hours after park closing. Tickets are $119 per person and include admission to the park as early as 7 p.m.