ESPN+ is continuing their roll-out of original series with the announcement of two new boxing series; In This Corner and The Boxing Beat with Dan Rafael.
In This Corner:
- Twice-monthly deep-dive talk show with a rotating panel of four of boxing’s best journalists gathering at noteworthy New York City establishments to discuss boxing’s biggest stories, past, present and future.
- The first episode of In This Corner will be available today on ESPN+
- The premiere brings fans to New York’s Crompton Ale House, just six blocks from Madison Square Garden, to preview Saturday’s big Top Rank Boxing on ESPN fight between Vasiliy Lomachenko and Jorge Linares, as well the potential rematch between Gennady Gennadyevich Golovkin (aka Triple G) and Saul Canelo Alvarez.
- The four featured boxing writers:
- George Willis of the New York Post,
- Chris Mannix from Yahoo! Sports,
- Lance Pugmire at the Los Angeles Times
- Mike Coppinger of Ring Magazine.
The Boxing Beat with Dan Rafael:
- A weekly interview show
- Premieres Monday, May 14, on ESPN+
- Features ESPN’s lead boxing writer Dan Rafael providing an inside perspective of boxing through conversations with top fighters, as well as breaking news, commentary and questions from boxing fans.
- The Boxing Beat will debut with Keith Idec of Boxingscene.com and WBC featherweight champion Gary Russell, Jr.
More on ESPN+:
- ESPN+ is the first direct-to-consumer digital subscription from The Walt Disney Company
- It offers fans thousands of additional live events, on-demand content and original programming not available on ESPN’s linear TV or digital networks.
- The service includes:
- Daily Major League Baseball Game (in season)
- Daily National Hockey League Game (in season)
- All out-of-market Major League Soccer games
- Grand Slam tennis
- Top Rank boxing
- PGA Tour golf
- College Sports
- International rugby
- The full library from ESPN Films
- Additional Content
- Subscriptions to ESPN+ are $4.99 a month or $49.99 per year