Freeform has ordered a pilot from writer and comedian, Josh Thomas. Everything’s Gonna be Okay will focus on 25 year-old Nicholas who lives at home with his dad and half-sisters. When his dad becomes terminally ill, it’s up to Nicholas to hold the family together.
- Freeform has ordered a Pilot episode for Everything’s Gonna Be Okay, a half hour comedy from writer and comedian Josh Thomas.
- The show will be about a 25 year-old man, Nicholas who lives at home with this single dad and his 2 half sisters. He’s not the best at helping to raise his sisters one of which has autism.
- When his dad becomes terminally ill, his sisters must deal with their loss and the realization that it’s up to Nicholas to hold the family together.
- Thomas created the concept, wrote and stars in the pilot.
- David Martin, Jon Thoday, and Richard Allen-Turner will executive produce for Avalon Television.
- Stephanie Swedlove and Kevin Whyte will also serve as executive producers.
- Everything’s Gonna Be Okay will be produced by Avalon Television and Freeform Studios, and distributed internationally by Avalon Distribution.
More from Freeform:
- In March the network premiered brand new series, Siren along with starting the first International Mermaid Day.
- Freeform airs Black-ish spinoff series, Grown-ish following the Johnson’s oldest daughter, Zoey as she attends college.
- Marvel’s Cloak and Dagger premieres on June 7th.This is the first Marvel property to debut on Freeform. Fans at WonderCon enjoyed an early viewing of the pilot episode. Cloak and Dagger follows Tyrone Johnson and Tandy Bowen as they discover the newly awakened powers that bond them together.
- Descendants actress, Sofia Carson has joined the pilot cast of the Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists.
- Earlier this year, Freeform aired documentary For Our Lives: Parkland. The hour-long special marked the first co-production between Freeform and ABC News.