Fans of the Whispering Canyon Cafe restaurant might want to brace themselves for some bad news. Walt Disney World is reportedly doing away with the loud and silly antics at Wilderness Lodge‘s unique restaurant.
- According to a report from the Disney Food Blog, the Whispering Canyon Cafe will no longer have servers perform their over the top antics during meal service. This would likely include the removal of the kids races, the famous “we need ketchup” gag, and the sassy banter between servers and guests.
- This information has not been confirmed or changed on the Whispering Canyon Cafe page on Disney’s website. However, a reader commenting on Disney Food Blog’s post shared a link to a Tweet from Walt Disney World that suggested the restaurant atmosphere would be undergoing some changes:
Hi Randy. We are continuously updating our offerings throughout Walt Disney World Resort and are currently working on what’s next for Whispering Canyon. We apologize for any disappointments and will pass along any feedback to the appropriate leadership teams.
— Walt Disney World Today (@WDWToday) May 12, 2018
Why Whispering Canyon Cafe is unique:
- Guests dining at the themed restaurant will experience fun sassy talk from their servers, while their children participate in a hobby horse “race” around the dining area. If they ask for ketchup, they just might get every available bottle.
- Despite the name, nothing about the restaurant is quiet. Some guests love the atmosphere, others don’t appreciate the rowdiness.
- Whispering Canyon Cafe is a table service restaurant offering a-la-carte and family style menus for breakfast, lunch, and dinner entrees.
More Disney dining news:
- A new table service dining experience is coming to World Showcase at Epcot’s Japan Pavilion. The signature dining location is said to be inspired by the natural beauty of Japan.
- Epcot will also be home to a Space-themed restaurant that will take up residence in Future World between Mission: SPACE, and Test Track.