The long awaited restaurant and lounge is about to open. Guests have been anxious to check out the classy restaurant since Disney announced its arrival in 2016. Wine Bar George will provide guests at Disney Springs a world-class experience in a unique environment.
- The Disney Parks Blog shared the news that Wine Bar George will host it’s Grand Opening at 5 pm on Saturday, May 19th. The restaurant is centrally located at The Landing at Disney Springs.
- On Sunday, May 20th the restaurant will be open from 11 am – 2 am for its normal operating hours.
- Wine Bar George will feature over 130 selections that can be purchased by ounce, glass, and bottle. Prices, varietals, and vintages will vary.
- Guests will also be able to enjoy an assortment of European-style sandwiches, cheese, olives, hummus, charcuterie, and cookies at The Basket at Wine Bar George.
- The Basket at Wine Bar George will also have wines on tap, served to-go by the glass or carafe.
- Reservations for the restaurant will open on May 25th for bookings from June 25th onward. Reservations are not required and walk-ins are always welcome.
Interesting facts about Wine Bar George:
- Owner and restaurant namesake, George Miliotes is a master Sommelier, one of only 249 in the world who hold that title. He brings his extensive knowledge and expertise to this new location which.
- Wine Bar George is the only wine bar in Florida owned by a master Sommelier.
- Disney Springs first announced plans to open the restaurant in October of 2016. Wine Bar George was slated to open in Fall 2017, however the date was pushed back to 2018.
What they’re saying:
- George Miliotes about the design of the restaruant: “Guests will experience a feel reminiscent of the ‘Old World’ as if they are on the bottom floor of a gravity-flow winery surrounded by their best friends. The upstairs floor includes seating for groups of all sizes, space for private events and sweeping views of Disney Springs.”
- Miliotes on executive chef Ron Rupert: “I’m thrilled that Ron is joining our team and I’m looking forward to working with him again. Ron is incredibly creative, and his expertise will bring a menu that’s designed to complement the wine list. With our menu, guests will have the opportunity to explore endless food and wine pairings.
- Ron Rupert on the menu offerings: “I’ve worked jointly with George to develop a menu that represents both global and local cuisine. Guests can expect to experience food that is familiar, yet new all at once.”
Wine Bar George opens on Saturday, May 19th at 5 pm. The restaurant is located at The Landing at Disney Springs.