With Solo: A Star Wars Story hitting theatres today, some more news from a galaxy far, far away suggests another beloved character is getting their own standalone feature: Boba Fett.
- According to The Hollywood Reporter, James Mangold has been hired to write and direct a film about the famed bounty hunter.
- Some of Mangold’s other directorial credits include Girl, Interrupted, Walk the Line, and Logan.
- Previously, it was rumored that Simon Kinberg was working on a Fett film and it’s unclear if this is the same project. Incidentally, the two are said to be close.
- It is also believed that it was indeed a Boba Fett film that Fantastic Four helmer Josh Trank was working on before he abruptly parted ways with Lucasfilm.
- Meanwhile, THR reports that Stephen Daldry is in talks to direct an Obi-Wan standalone film, which was first revealed to be in development last year.
ICYMI — Star Wars news from around the galaxy
- As mentioned, Solo: A Star Wars Story debuted tonight. You can check out our spoiler-free review of the film as well as read up on what the cast and crew of the film had to say at the recent press event.
- Lucasfilm recently announced their latest Force for Change charity campaign — this time revolving around everyone’s favorite Wookie. Roar For Change is a social media challenge event in support of UNICEF where fans and families can share their own version of Chewbacca’s roar on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #RoarForChange. The campaign will raise up to $1 million for UNICEF USA, but tomorrow (May 25th) is the last day to post your roars.
- Finally, fans of the saga will be psyched to know that the next Star Wars Celebration will be held in Chicago, Illinois. The event will take place April 11th-15th, 2019 with tickets going on sale June 5th at noon Central.