Actor Yoson An is reportedly joining the cast of Disney’s live-action Mulan as a love interest for the heroine. The Hollywood Reporter shared the exclusive earlier this morning.
- Actor Yoson An, has reportedly been cast in Disney’s upcoming live-action Mulan.
- An will play the role of Chen Honghui, a character that was created for this film. Honghui is a confident and ambitious recruit who joins Commander Tung’s unit where he meets the disguised Mulan.
- An hails from New Zealand and is of Chinese decent. He began acting in 2013 and has had several small roles in movies and TV shows. He’ll be playing a helicopter pilot in The Meg set to debut this summer.
- THR also reports that actor Chum Ehelepola has joined the cast will play the role of Ratmish. Ehelepola’s Ratmish will be part of a duo opposite previously announced Utkarsh Ambudkar Skatch.
- Mulan is set to debut March 27, 2020. The film is to being shooting in August of this year.
- Mulan will be directed by Niki Caro.
The current cast:
- Liu Yifei (Crystal Liu) as Mulan
- Jet Li as the Emperor of China
- Gong Li as the main villain, a powerful witch.
- Donnie Yen as Commander Tung
- Ron Yuan as Sergeant Qiang
- Yoson An as Chen Honghui
- Chum Ehelepola as Ratmish
- Utkarsh Ambudkar as Skatch
More Disney live action news:
- Christopher Robin will arrive in theaters on August 3rd. The film focuses on an adult Robin who now has a family of his own. The second trailer and poster recently debuted.
- Production has begun on Maleficent II. Angelina Jolie and Elle Fanning return as Maleficent and Aurora.
- Oscar nominated writers Benj Pasek and Justin Paul (La La Land, The Greatest Showman) are working with composer Alan Menken on two additional songs for Aladdin. The live acton adaptation will arrive in theaters May 29, 2019.
Mulan is scheduled to be released in theaters on March 27, 2020.