Amazing things can happen when we come together with a common goal. For the past 10 years the Stand Up to Cancer organization has been raising money to fund cancer research and treatments, and they’ve asked us to help. This September, they will once again host an hour long telecast featuring celebrities across the entertainment industry encouraging viewers to give what they can to help save lives.
- 2018 marks the Stand Up To Cancer (SU2C) Sixth Biennial Roadblock Telecast fundraising special and ABC will once again take part in the event.
- The special will air on Friday, September 7th at 8:00 pm EDT/PDT, 7:00 p.m. CDT. Donations made during the event will go towards research and new cancer treatments.
- The live telecast will broadcast from Los Angeles and will air simultaneously on over 50 broadcast and cable networks across the U.S. and Canada.
- Actor Bradley Cooper will once again co-executive produce the program along with along with live-event producing team Done + Dusted.
- Done + Dusted previously worked with the Stand Up To Cancer organization on the successful 2016 telecast.
- At the time of this post over 30 U.S. networks are donating one hour of simultaneous, commercial-free, prime time for the telecast.
- The entire telecast will also be available to stream live and on demand on Hulu.
Bradley Cooper and Mitch Carbon Show Announcement:
What they’re saying:
- SU2C co-executive producer Bradley Cooper: “It was truly inspiring to be part of the 2016 Stand Up To Cancer telecast and to stand beside Mitch Carbon, whose life was saved by participating in a clinical trial. I am proud to return as co-executive producer to highlight the ten years of impact Stand Up To Cancer has made in cancer research.”
- Katie Couric on the impact of SU2C: “Ten years ago, a group of women who were honestly hell-bent on making a difference in the fight against cancer came together. I never imagined we’d be able to look back at the past decade and see the concept of scientists working together in new ways take off as it has. We are closer than we’ve ever been to realizing a world where everyone diagnosed with cancer can be a long-term survivor. I am excited about how much more we will be able to do for patients over the next 10 years.”
- Sherry Lansing a co-founder of Stand Up To Cancer: “We are so grateful to the scores of broadcast and cable networks that continue to stand with us. Their support is a springboard that helps SU2C engage major donors as well as countless individuals who give what they can to help stop cancer in its tracks.”
- Hamish Hamilton, director and executive producer at Done + Dusted: “The Done + Dusted family is super thrilled to partner once again with our friends at Stand Up To Cancer and our amazing co-executive producer, Bradley Cooper. The SU2C roadblock is the biggest of its kind and is a remarkable platform for bringing together the worlds of science and entertainment in a harmonious collaboration to spread the message and raise funds for groundbreaking cancer research. I was truly humbled by my involvement two years ago. Watch the show and get engaged.”
- Phillip A. Sharp, Ph.D., the MIT molecular biologist and chairman of the SU2C Scientific Advisory Committee: “Stand Up To Cancer continues to represent the best dollar spent on cancer research in this country. The teamwork and collaboration that characterizes SU2C research are critical to our efforts to change cancer as we know it.”
- Sung Poblete, Ph.D., R.N. and SU2C President and CEO: “We’re incredibly fortunate to be able to harness the resources of the whole entertainment community to generate support for our scientists’ innovative research, in order to get new treatments to the patients who so desperately need them.”