Earlier this year, Disney announced they would be releasing a brand new app to enhance guests experiences in the park. While the release isn’t until later this summer, there have been a few more updates and additional pictures.
- Disney is releasing a new app, called Play Disney Parks that will be available later this summer.
- Fans can pre-order Play Disney Parks in the App Store and Google Play.
- Play Disney Parks is free pre-order and will be free to download.
- Currently the app will feature interactive games and challenges for the Disneyland Resort Parks and the Walt Disney World Resort Parks.
- Games and challenges will be available at select attractions and locations within the Parks.
- Play Disney Parks is its own unique app designed for specifically for use in the parks. Guests will still be able to use and enjoy the services provided on My Disney Experience (Walt Disney World) and Disneyland App (Disneyland)
What they’re saying:
Thomas Smith for Disney Parks Blog: “The Play Disney Parks app will allow guests to play with family and friends while waiting in line for some favorite attractions. There’s something for everyone to enjoy, from activities that interact with select attraction queues to games that bring favorite Disney stories to life in immersive new ways”.
Thomas Smith on unique app features: “Guests can also earn and share digital collectibles when they receive themed achievements, earned for experiences both in the app and across the Disney parks. And with the Disney trivia feature, family and friends can band together to see if they have what it takes to become Disney trivia masters as they discover fun facts about their favorite theme parks.”
Both the App Store and Google Play have full descriptions of the app as well as screen shot examples of what game play will look like when Play Disney Parks become becomes available.
Play Disney Parks App will launch this summer.