Today, Disney and the Oriental Land Company announced another expansion of the Tokyo Disney Resort, adding a new area to Tokyo DisneySea.
- According to the Disney Parks Blog, the new “port of call” at Tokyo DisneySea will include Frozen, Tangled, and Peter Pan.
- The overall theme of the port is “magical springs” and will include four new attractions.
- This will be the park’s eighth port of call, joining Mediterranean Harbor, American Waterfront, Port Discovery, Lost River Delta, Arabian Coast, Mermaid Lagoon and Mysterious Island.
- Additionally, it’s been announced that the new area will be connected to a new deluxe hotel with “a one-of-a-kind luxury wing.”
- The expansion is currently expected to debut in fiscal year 2022 (which extends into early 2023).
- This is the largest expansion of Tokyo DisneySea since the park’s opening in 2001.
- Oriental Land Company is expected to invest 250 billion Yen (about $2.266 billion USD) in the project.
- In conjunction with this expansion, The Walt Disney Company and Oriental Land Company have extended their licensing agreement until 2076.
- Guests will get to enter the kingdom of Arendelle in a time following the events in the film.
- A new boat attraction will tell the story of Anna and Elsa as well as include classic songs,
- Additionally, a new restaurant will be located inside Arendelle Castle.
- This area will feature Rapunzel’s tower in a charming forest.
- In a new attraction, guests will board gondolas as they embark on Rapunzel’s “best day ever” — including the iconic lantern festival.
- A new dining location inspired by the film’s Snuggly Duckling will also reside in this area.
- The Neverland area of the port will include such icons as Skull Rock.
- It will also be home to two new attractions:
- One where guests fly over the jungles of Neverland with Peter Pan to rescue Wendy’s younger brother, John, in a battle with Captain Hook.
- Another attraction will immerse guests in the world of Pixie Hollow.
- Finally, a restaurant inspired by the Lost Boys hideout will join the area as well.
- The new deluxe resort hotel will open inside Tokyo DisneySea.
- Themed to stories of Disney fantasy, it will include 475 deluxe and luxury guest rooms
- Two restaurants and a merchandise shop will also open in the hotel.