ESPN has announced that daytime radio hosts, Dan Le Batard and Jon “Stugotz” Weiner have signed multi-year agreements to remain with ESPN. Batard and Weiner are the hosts of The Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz and have been working together since 2004.
- Radio hosts Dan Le Batard and Jon “Stugotz” Weiner have both signed multi-year agreements to remain with ESPN.
- The duo will continue to host their weekday show: The Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz which airs from 10 am–1pm (ET) on ESPN Radio.
- Le Batard will also continue to co-host Highly Questionable with his father, Gonzalo “Papi” Le Batard and a variety of other guest hosts. Additionally, Le Batard will conduct six long form interviews each year for the network that will be shared on multiple ESPN platforms including TV and digital.
- Weiner will appear on SportsCenter and will continue to host as well as make guest appearances on other ESPN Radio shows.
What they’re saying:
- Dan Le Batard: “ESPN has given us ridiculous freedom to have fun, and made us more popular than we deserve. A whole lot of people have supported our nonsense in a way that isn’t always easy to support but easy to grow. As an added bonus – and we’re especially thankful for this – they also pay us.”
- Jon “Stugotz” Weiner: “I was hoping for the lifetime contract, to be honest. I’m a little disappointed. Maybe next time.”
- Traug Keller ESPN Senior Vice President, Audio and Talent: “Dan and Stugotz have a chemistry and a viewpoint that is among the most unique in the business. They take what they do seriously, but not themselves, which bonds them with a growing group of loyal listeners. Dan’s sensibilities and intelligence combined with Stugotz’s incredible lack of either quality is a winning combination. I look forward to the stress of having to listen to the show in the years to come!”
About The Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz show:
- “Known for its offbeat take on sports and culture – and often welcoming guests as diverse as saxophonist Kenny G, the late actor Alan Thicke, writer Malcolm Gladwell, and Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers – The Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz is one of ESPN Radio’s top-rated programs. The show is heard by 2.2 million people a week in 258 stations in 151 markets, and its podcast, a daily digital offering of the original radio program, is the network’s No. 1-downloaded show-to-podcast product, with more than 53 million downloads in 2017.”
Check out our archives for more news and information about ESPN.