During a media presentation looking at what’s next for Disney’s Hollywood Studios, it was announced that a new show, Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy, would be racing into the park early next year.
- According to the Disney Parks Blog, Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy will be a “high-octane first-of-its-kind new show that’ll put you right in the middle of the world of Disney•Pixar’s Cars.”
- The new attraction will reside near Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith.
- In the show, McQueen will share his racing knowledge with rookie racers while apparently preparing to face a new challenge of his own.
- While no official opening date was announced, the show is expected to debut in early 2019.
In Other News — Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Today’s announcement comes as Disney’s Hollywood Studios is celebrating the grand opening of Toy Story Land. This morning, Bob Chapek and Disney Legend Tim Allen dedicated the new land during a special ceremony, which also featured many of the Toy Story characters.
- Speaking of Toy Story Land, get a sneak peek at the new land with our photo tour, ride on Slinky Dog Dash, and look at Alien Swirling Saucers.
- Lastly, also unveiled at today’s presentation was some new concept art for Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway. Take a look at the new artwork here.