With Disney’s Frozen 2 currently slated for release in November 2019, today brought some potential casting news.
- According to Variety, both Evan Rachel Wood and Sterling K. Brown are currently in talks to join the sequel.
- Incidentally, both Wood and Brown earned Emmy nominations on Thursday for their world on Westworld and This is Us respectively (Brown also picked up a nod for a guest appearance on Brooklyn Nine-Nine).
- Frozen 2 will also see returning favorites, including Idina Menzel, Kristen Bell, and Josh Gad.
- Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck are also set to reprise their roles as directors.
- Recently, Lee was promoted to Chief Creative Officer of the Walt Disney Animation Studios while Pete Docter was named to the same role at Pixar.
- The first Frozen was a massive success, taking in $1.276 billion worldwide, inspiring an Epcot attraction, and bringing upon a Broadway musical, which is currently playing.