Marvel Entertainment and IDW Publishing have just announced that they’ll be releasing a new series of comic books written for middle-grade readers. These monthly publications will feature iconic Marvel characters that audiences of all ages know and love.
- Marvel and IDW have announced that they’ll launch a new series of comic books this November.
- The comics will be written for middle-grade readers and will be released on a monthly basis and as trade paperbacks. Fans will be able to pick up each issue at comic book shops and book retailers nationwide.
- Each series will focus on Marvel characters that fans are already familiar with including the Avengers, Spider-Man, and Black Panther. The first comics released this November will feature both, Peter Parker and Miles Morales. In December the Avengers comics will be introduced and the Black Panther series will start in January 2019.
What they’re saying:
- John Barber, editor-in-chief of IDW: “From Iron Man to Captain Marvel, from the Hulk to Shuri — the Marvel pantheon has something for everyone. With this team-up, Marvel and IDW aim to bring exciting, all-new comics to a generation growing up in a Marvel world.”
- C.B. Cebulski, editor-in-chief of Marvel: “Marvel is excited to work with IDW to share these brand-new stories with our younger fans. Characters like Spider-Man, Black Panther, and the Avengers inspire us through their strength and determination, but they resonate with readers because of the struggles they face and the challenges they overcome. We want to share their journeys with our younger fans first-hand.”
- Sven Larsen, director, licensed publishing of Marvel: “Marvel is committed to delivering unique and accessible content for our younger audiences and fans. As one of our most valued partners, IDW is the right fit to help us feature some of our most popular characters and publish stories created especially for the next generation of Super Heroes.”
- Greg Goldstein, president and publisher of IDW: “This partnership reflects the true spirit of collaboration at work. As comic book publishers, IDW and Marvel are able to produce high-quality visual storytelling experiences for fans both young and old. By combining our efforts, along with Marvel’s ever-increasing presence in popular culture, the results will be spectacular.”