Paula Faris of The View and weekend edition of Good Morning America (GMA) will leave her current roles on both shows to pursue other roles with ABC News that will allow her to cover breaking news stories and bigger interviews.
- According to Variety, top executives at ABC News sent a memo to employees announcing that Paula Faris of The View and GMA has decided to leave her current roles to take on other roles with ABC News.
- Faris will leave The View at the end of this season, however, she’ll continue to make contributions to GMA as well as appear on other ABC News shows. She will also help with the launch of a new podcast that will “explore what unites people of all backgrounds even in these divisive times. “
- Faris came to ABC News after more than 10 years working for affiliate stations in Chicago, Cincinnati, and Dayton.
- ABC has not yet announced who will take her place on either show.
What they’re saying:
- James Goldston, ABC News’ president: “To have time to cover stories in-depth, Paula will leave the weekend editions of GMA and The View at the end of this season. In four years at weekend GMA and three seasons at the Hot Topics table, Paula has played an important role at both shows, offering an insightful and intelligent take on the big stories of the day. She’s been instrumental to their success.“