The latest installment in the Star Wars franchise is about to land on digital and Blu-ray. The backstory of the galaxy’s favorite smuggler will make its way to home release this September.
Solo: A Star Wars Story:
- Fans will be able to watch instantly on September 14th as the Millennium Falcon sets course digitally in HD and 4K Ultra HD and on Movies Anywhere.
- Additionally, fans can bring the adventure home on Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, DVD and On-Demand on September 25th.
About this release:
- Solo: A Star Wars Story bonus content takes fans behind the scenes to experience compelling discussions with the star-studded cast and screenwriters Jonathan Kasdan & Lawrence Kasdan (writer of The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi); a revealing feature on Chewie and his enduring friendship with Han; a close-up look at the original version of the Millennium Falcon and Han’s first time piloting the infamous ship; the creation of the film’s otherworldly settings and pulse-pounding action sequences; and eight never-before-seen deleted and extended scenes.
- For a limited time, shopDisney is including a free lithograph set with pre-orders of the standard Blu-ray Combo Pack Multi-Screen Edition.
Digital and Blu-ray Bonus Material (may vary by retailer):
- Solo: The Director & Cast Roundtable: Sit down with director Ron Howard and the stars for an intimate and entertaining discussion of the film’s making.
- Team Chewie: See what it takes to bring your favorite Wookiee to life in this lighthearted look behind the scenes.
- Kasdan on Kasdan: Iconic Star Wars screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan and son Jonathan share what it was like to write the movie’s script together.
- Remaking the Millennium Falcon: Track the transformation of the most famous ship in the galaxy, from Lando’s swank and impeccable pride and joy to Han’s stripped-down hot-rod freighter with “special modifications.”
- Escape from Corellia: Get behind the wheel for the making of this high-octane chase through the streets of Corellia.
- The Train Heist: Explore the challenges and thrills of creating this action-packed sequence, including its remote location and spectacular effects.
- Becoming a Droid: L3-37: Meet the newest droid—and the talented actor who helps bring her to life.
- Scoundrels, Droids, Creatures and Cards: Welcome to Fort Ypso: Take an in-depth tour of the rough-and-tumble bar where strangers mix and gamblers risk all in the legendary card game, Sabaac.
- Into the Maelstrom: The Kessel Run: Join Han and Chewie at the controls of the Millennium Falcon to see how this legendary moment in Star Wars history unfolds.
- Deleted Scenes
- Proxima’s Den
- Corellian Foot Chase
- Han Solo: Imperial Cadet
- The Battle of Mimban: Extended
- Han Versus Chewie: Extended
- Snowball Fight!
- Meet Dryden: Extended
- Coaxium Double-Cross
- The Millennium Falcon: From Page to Park – An exclusive look at the history of the most famous ship in the galaxy, its origin and development, and how it will translate in one of the most anticipated expansions in Disneyland’s history.
Solo: A Star Wars Story is currently available for pre-order on shopDisney. The film will be available digitally on September 14th and on Blu-ray and DVD on September 25th.