Anthony Anderson, star of ABC’s black-ish and host of To Tell the Truth, is reportedly under criminal investigation by the Los Angeles Police Department.
- Deadline reports that the LAPD has taken a crime report involving Anderson and that an investigation has been opened.
- Although the department did not confirm the nature of the case to Deadline, TMZ is reporting that the actor is being accused of assaulting a woman some months ago.
- In a statement, Anderson said, “It’s unfortunate that anyone can file a police report whether it is true or false. The authorities have not contacted Anthony or any of his representatives about this matter. Anthony unequivocally disputes the claim.”
- ABC confirmed the statement to Deadline.
- Anderson plays Dre Johnson on ABC’s hit comedy black-ish and was recently nominated for another Emmy award for his role.
- Additionally, he serves as host of the network’s game show To Tell the Truth.