Academy Award nominee and Avengers: Infinity War star Don Cheadle will appear on an upcoming episode of Disney Channel’s DuckTales, lending his voice to the iconic Donald Duck. Additionally, it was revealed that the beloved Three Caballeros will appear on the show’s upcoming season.
- As Oh My Disney explains, Cheadle will portray the legendary duck after a voicebox allows him to speak in a far more understandable manner.
- The news was first announced at this weekend’s San Diego Comic-Con.
- Cheadle will appear on the one-hour season finale of DuckTales set to air Saturday, August 18th on Disney Channel and DisneyNOW.
- Lin Manuel-Miranda, Catherine Tate, and Kimiko Glenn will also appear in the finale.
- A clip from the episode along with a behind-the-scenes look at Cheadle in the recording studio was also just released online:
- Looking to season two, it was also revealed during the SDCC panel that the Three Caballeros would appear in the upcoming season.
- According to EW, Bernardo de Paula will voice José while Arturo del Puerto will voice Panchito.
- Finally, a teaser for the season one finale has debuted as well:
What They’re Saying:
- Don Cheadle on portraying Donald Duck: “You’ve got to do your homework and bring your A-game when you’re trying to voice Donald Duck … What makes a duck tick? What does a duck want? What will a duck sacrifice for what he wants? And these are questions that people have been pondering for many, many centuries.”