According to Deadline actress Ashley Jensen has reportedly been cast in the upcoming Lady and the Tramp film being developed for Disney’s streaming service.
- Actress Ashely Jensen has reportedly been cast in the upcoming Lady and the Tramp film that will debut on Disney’s direct to consumer streaming service.
- Jensen is the first person to be cast in the film and will lend her voice to a Scottish Terrier named Jackie. Jackie replaces the original film’s Jock, a loyal friend to Lady.
- Jensen is best know for voicing Nanette in Gnomeo and Juliet and Sherlock Gnomes. She’s recently voiced Arielf in an episode of Sophia the First.
- Jenssen is also known for playing Christina McKinney on ABC’s Ugly Betty and Maggie Jacobs on HBO’s Extras.
About Lady and the Tramp:
- Lady and the Tramp will debut exclusively on Disney’s streaming service and will not have a theatrical release. The streaming service is expected to be available in 2019.
- Charlie Bean has been selected to helm the project for Disney. Bean experience includes executive producing Disney XD’s animated show Tron: Uprising and director of Warner Bros.’ The Lego Ninjago Movie.
- Andrew Bujalski wrote the script for the new adaption, and Brigham Taylor will produce.