Spring 2019 is shaping up to wickedly luxurious if THE BLONDS have anything to say about it. The high-fashion designers have collaborated with Disney to create a sinfully fun Villains collection featuring some of Disney’s best baddies.
- THE BLONDS is a Luxury Fashion Label that will present their Spring ’19 Collection at Spring Studios. Their designs were inspired by some of Disney’s most wicked characters.
- Known for creating glamorously over the top pieces with a rebellious twist, THE BLONDS, co-founded by designer Phillipe Blond and creative director David Blond, will feature looks inspired by villains such as Cruella de Vil, Maleficent, Evil Queen, the Queen of Hearts, Dr. Facillier, Ursula and her dark eel minions Flotsam and Jetsam during the show.
- The Disney X THE BLONDS collection will debut on September 7th during New York Fashion Week.
Cruella de Vil
- On September 7th, fans can watch the debut of the collection via livestream on:
What they’re saying:
- Ken Potrock, President, Consumer Products and Commercialization: “Disney Villains have long lived in the dark shadows of the beloved heroes and heroines of their stories, and yet these characters are just as celebrated. Through our collaboration with THE BLONDS, some of Disney’s most notorious villains will be reimagined in totally unexpected ways during one of fashion’s most important weeks.”
- David and Phillipe Blond, Designers, THE BLONDS: “The Disney Villains style is iconic and has inspired us since childhood and throughout our career. The opportunity to collaborate with Disney and see these designs come to life on THE BLONDS runway is an absolute dream come true.”
- David Blond: “What drew us to working with Disney Villains are the complex attributes of the characters themselves. Often misunderstood, Disney Villains are flawed, imposing and mysterious, and we loved the idea of taking these characteristics and translating them in a glamorous way, making them the heroes of our story.”