Disney Channel has green-lit a new show Gabby Duran & the Unsittables. The single camera, live-action series will focus on pre-teen Gabby Duran and her out of this world babysitting experiences.
About the series:
- “Gabby Duran constantly feels like she’s living in the shadows of her uber-polished, successful mother and whip-smart younger sister. She finally finds her moment to shine when she inadvertently lands an out-of-this-world job to babysit an unruly group of very important extraterrestrial children who are hiding out on earth with their families, disguised as everyday kids. Fearless and unapologetically bold, Gabby steps up to the challenge to protect these youngsters and their secret identities, and prove she’s the best babysitter in the galaxy.”
- Production is underway for straight-to-order series, Gabby Duran & the Unsittables. The new show is currently filming in Vancouver and is expected to debut on Disney Channel in 2019.
- Based upon the novel written by Elise Allen and Daryle Conners, this single-cam live-action comedy series stars 12-year-old newcomer Kylie Cantrall as the titular character.
- Starring alongside Cantrall is:
- Maxwell Acee Donovan (Good Kids) as Gabby’s bestie and conspiracy-theorist Wesley
- Coco Christo (We Take the Low Road) as Gabby’s overachieving little sis Olivia
- Nathan Lovejoy (The Code) as the wacky Principal Swift
- Valery Ortiz (Switched at Birth) as Gabby’s caring and career-driven mom Dina
- Recurring star Callan Farris (Kings) will play Jeremy, Gabby’s first babysitting assignment
- Mike Alber and Gabe Snyder (Kirby Buckets) serve as showrunners, writers, and executive producers.
- Joe Nussbaum (Just Add Magic) will also serve as executive producer.
- Nzingha Stewart (Grey’s Anatomy, Good Girls) will direct the first episode.
What they’re saying:
Dina Hillier, vice president, Original Programming, Disney Channels Worldwide: “We can’t wait to introduce Disney Channel viewers to Kylie Cantrall who brings our courageous hero Gabby Duran to life. Following Gabby on her babysitting adventures will show kids that anyone, when given the chance, can achieve greatness. Gabe and Mike have written a truly unique character and together with Nzingha and Joe have created an exciting new universe for our audience.”