2018 marks a big year for Mickey Mouse: he’s turning 90! All around the world fans are finding fun and unique ways to celebrate the big cheese, and Disneyland Paris is planning a huge birthday bash. That’s not all, this Halloween season will of course celebrate good and spooky fun, and will also shine the spotlight on Mickey Mouse himself.
- To celebrate 90 years of Mickey, Disneyland Paris is organizing a huge birthday bash with a very special program. The kick-off whistle for this “Mickey 90 Mouse Party” will be blown on 1st October, with a new Halloween season that will put the spotlight on the most famous mouse in the history of animation.
- This year, Halloween promises to be a wickedly wonderful party and will also celebrate Mickey himself. He will steal the show with a brand new float designed especially for him, in the mini Halloween parade.
- A new attraction called “Mickey and his PhilharMagic Orchestra” will make its appearance at Discoveryland.
- Halloween wouldn’t be the same without the Disney Villains. Get ready to shiver with some unparalleled encounters and a spectacular show.
- The Halloween season takes place from October 1st to November 4th, 2018.
Guests will get into the the holiday spirit during the celebrations taking place at Disneyland Paris. Funs festivities include Mickey’s Halloween Cavalcade, Meet and Greets with Disney Villains, “It’s Good to be Bad with the Disney Villains!” show, special appearances by favorite Disney pals, and the grand opening of Mickey’s PhilharMagic Orchestra.
- Mickey’s Halloween Cavalcade: The most eagerly awaited parade of the season! Mickey’s Halloween Cavalcade is finally back with a bespoke addition: a brand new float called “Mickey’s Illusion Manor”. Why this name? Because it will celebrate 90 years of imagination in the most mischievous of ways, with apparitions and disappearances… Yes, Mickey can’t wait to play some tricks on you! What’s more, he’ll have help from some strange zombies and the three pranksters Huey, Dewey, and Louie, Scrooge’s nephews. No reason to panic though, as Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Chip and Dale, the Three Little Pigs, and many others will parade in their own floats, which will all exude cheerfulness and autumn colors.
- New attraction: Mickey and his PhilharMagic Orchestra*
The “Mickey 90 Mouse Party” will mark the arrival, on 1st October 2018, of a brand new attraction in Europe: Mickey and his PhilharMagic Orchestra. Get ready to enjoy a new 4D experience at the Discoveryland Theatre. Once seated, you will find Mickey and Donald on the big screen. They will cast you into the very heart of some of the greatest Disney classics such as Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, and The Lion King, with new misadventures caused by the out-of-control Donald Duck. It will be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to have fun with Disney’s most popular songs and to celebrate 90 years of Mickey in style.
*The attraction Mickey and his PhilharMagic Orchestra will remain open after the Halloween season.
- Face to face with the Disney Villains
Halloween is also THE season of all possibilities, especially for those who are dying to mingle with the most famous Disney Villains! The terrifying Maleficent will cast a spell to transform the courtyard of Sleeping Beauty Castle into a huge briar bush. The briar bush will take the shape of her ominous dragon… The most daring will be able to come meet her to take a photo together or simply enjoy a diabolical chat.
- “It’s Good to be Bad with the Disney Villains!” show at the Castle Theatre. You will see the Queen from Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, Cruella (101 Dalmatians), Captain Hook (Peter Pan), the Queen of Hearts (Alice in Wonderland), Jafar (Aladdin), Gaston (Beauty and the Beast), Frollo (The Hunchback of Notre-Dame), Dr Facilier (The Princess and the Frog), but also Cinderella’s stepsisters and stepmother, Drizella, Anastasia, and Lady Tremaine. An intruder will hide within the show. The intruder in question is Donald, who will dress up like Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty) so that he can party with the Disney Villains. But wait, there’s more! The Disney Villains you will see on stage will certainly be dying to meet you. They will come up to you after the finale and will take malicious delight in posing for photos next to you. As you can see, it will be THE event not to miss.
- More Encounters with Halloween Stars:
While the Disney Villains are preparing to invade Disneyland Park to celebrate their favorite season, they will not be the only ones! Minnie, Stitch, Goofy, José Carioca and Panchito Pistoles or even the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland promise new unforgettable encounters. A word of advice: don’t forget to grab the program and map at the entrance to the Disney Parks to make sure you don’t miss anything.
- Every effort will be made to help you soak in several monstrously crazy and colorful atmospheres! Ghosts and pumpkins will invade Main Street, U.S.A., as well as Frontierland. Colorful, tall sculptures will also have their place at the heart of the festivities. And throughout the season, at the Fuente del Oro restaurant, you will be able to encounter the puppet of Miguel, the star of the Disney/Pixar film Coco.
The Halloween season takes place from 1st October to 4th November 2018. The “Mickey 90 Mouse Party” will be followed by a new Christmas season, full of surprises!