With construction about to being on Magic Kingdom’s Tron-themed roller coaster, a few surrounding attractions will be temporarily impacted to make way for the new ride.
- Today the Disney Parks Blog shared a first look at a new Tron-themed billboard at Magic Kingdom Park along with announcing upcoming attraction interruptions due to construction.
- The Tron attraction will occupy an entirely new area next to Space Mountain in Tomorrowland, and a few modifications will be made to nearby attractions as construction kicks into gear.
- Similar to how Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge construction affected the Disneyland Railroad, the Walt Disney World Railroad will temporarily take up residence at the Main Street Station.
- Starting in December 2018, guests will be able to get an up-close look at the railroad and take advantage of one-of-a-kind photo opportunities while the attraction is on its hiatus.
- The Tomorrowland Speedway will also temporarily close in 2019. The the attraction’s track will be adjusted to make way for Tron. The Speedway will reopen again in the summer of 2019.
- Magic Kingdom’s Tron attraction, is set to debut in time for Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary in 2021.
- The WDW version of the coaster is based on TRON Lightcycle Power Run at Shanghai Disneyland. This thrilling attraction allows riders to board a train of two-wheeled Lightcycles for a exhilarating race through the digital frontier. TRON Lightcycle Power Run debuted on Shanghai Disneyland’s opening day in June of 2016.