An industrial accident on Walt Disney World property early Wednesday morning has left one man dead.
- ABC affiliate WFTV Channel 9 news is currently reporting on the story.
- Deputies said two men were emptying oil and grease byproduct out of a semi truck into a vat at a Reedy Creek facility near Property Control and Cast Connection by Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- According to deputies report, a 61 year old man was standing on a grate when he slipped and fell into the vat.
- The other man tried to help the victim out of the vat, but was not able to assist.
- The fumes from the byproducts were overwhelming for the victim causing him to fall further into the vat.
- Reedy Creek Fire Department helped with the retrieval of the victim.
- No names have been released at this time.
- According to the Orlando Sentinel‘s report: “A Disney spokeswoman said the man was not employed by the company.”