A new movie theater company will be coming to CityWalk at Universal Orlando Resort this fall. Starting in mid September, CityWalk is welcoming Cinemark to its entertainment district.
- Today, Universal Orlando Resort announced that a new theatre company would be coming to CityWalk this fall.
- Cinemark theaters will find a new home at CityWalk in September of 2018. The theater giant will move into the existing building that currently houses AMC Universal Complex 20 with IMAX.
- Starting on Friday, September 14th the theater will shut down for the day, then will reopen on Saturday, September 15th as Universal Cinemark. Construction, upgrades, and changes will continue for the next several months as Cinemark makes its full transition.
- Part of Universal Cinemark’s transition process will include upgrading seating to recliners. Cinemark Luxury Loungers feature extendable footrests, cup holders and plush seating. The luxury loungers will be installed in all 20 auditoriums.
- Universal Cinemark will also feature an XD auditorium where guests will experience expansive wall-to-wall screens, custom-engineered surround sound with multi-channel speakers, and state-of-the-art projection systems capable of delivering 35 trillion colors.
- Cinemark Movie Club will also be available to guests interested in joining the monthly membership program. Members will receive offers for ticket and concession discounts and other exclusive benefits. The best way to take advantage of these offers and membership is by downloading the Cinemark app.
ICYMI–Halloween Horror Nights 2018:
- Universal Orlando Resort has been scaring guests for 28 years during their fall event, Halloween Horror Nights. From terrifying walk-around creatures, to haunted house mazes, this annual fright fest is big hit with horror fans. This year’s lineup includes 10 separate haunted houses, the most they’ve ever had!
Planning a trip to Universal Orlando Resort? Our friends at Universal Fan Travel will help you create the perfect vacation for you and your family.