According to Deadline, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige will be honored with the David O. Selznick Achievement Award from the Producers Guild of America. Feige has been a key player in the success of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- The Producers Guild of America (PGA) is honoring Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige with the David O. Selznick Achievement Award.
- Feige will receive the award during the 30th Annual Producers Guild Awards on January 19, 2019 at the Beverly Hilton hotel in Los Angeles.
Why he’s been chosen:
- Fiege has been at the helm of Marvel Studios since 2007, producing 20 films based on characters and storylines from Marvel comic books.
- His guidance and contributions to the Marvel Cinematic Universe have helped the studio and films become successful.
- His unique approach to production celebrates diversity and focuses on finding different and unexpected voices to bring the studio’s stories to life. It’s not about the name or experience, it’s about what someone envisions and can bring to the table.
- Every one of Marvel Studios’ 20 films opened to number 1 at the box office.
- Together, these movies have earned over $17.6 billion in global box office.
What they’re saying:
- Kevin Feige: “To join so many of my heroes and mentors in receiving the David O. Selznick Award is one of the most meaningful experiences of my career, and I’m truly thankful to my colleagues in the Producers Guild of America for this recognition. I want to also thank my Marvel Studios family, who have been with me every step of the way and without whom I would never have had this amazing journey.”
Previous David O. Selznick Award winners:
- Charles Roven
- David Heyman
- Stanley Kramer
- Billy Wilder
- Clint Eastwood
- Jerry Bruckheimer
- Brian Grazer
- Laura Ziskin
- Kathleen Kennedy & Frank Marshall
- Scott Rudin
- Steven Spielberg