Hulu and Discovery Inc. have announced a new comprehensive partnership to expand Hulu’s show and network offerings for subscribers. The partnership will allow viewers to access thousands of episodes on a variety of topics covering real life entertainment.
- Today, Discovery Inc. and Hulu announced an expansive distribution agreement that will extend Discovery’s portfolio of high quality real life entertainment brands to Hulu’s on-demand and live TV subscription streaming services.
- The new partnership makes Hulu the #1 streaming home for popular unscripted series and reinforces Hulu’s commitment to offering programming the whole family can enjoy.
- The multi-year agreement increases Hulu’s offering of top Discovery programming to nearly 4,000 episodes of popular shows available outside of Discovery’s networks exclusively to Hulu across all of its subscription plans.
- Programming includes popular shows such as:
- Deadliest Catch
- Say Yes to the Dress
- Naked and Afraid
- Property Brothers
- Gold Rush
- Street Outlaws
- Chopped Jr.
- Fixer Upper
- House Hunters
- House Hunters International
New networks joining Hulu in December:
- The deal will also bring five additional Discovery networks to Hulu’s live television plan, Hulu With Live TV.
- The five additional channels will be available to stream live beginning in December. Subscribers will enjoy shows from favorite networks including:
- Discovery Channel
- Investigation Discovery
- Motor Trend (the rebranded Velocity network)
- Animal Planet
- These five channels will join HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, which have been available on the service since its launch through a previous agreement with Scripps Networks Interactive, now owned by Discovery.
Even more Hulu:
- Along with the Discovery partnership, Hulu reached a licensing agreement with OWN – which is part of the Discovery Networks family – to bring four of the network’s top-rated scripted series exclusively to Hulu.
- All past episodes of four Tyler Perry shows are now available to stream for the first time, only on Hulu:
- The Haves and the Have Nots
- If Loving You is Wrong
- The Paynes
- Love Thy Neighbor
- These shows join the complete library of acclaimed OWN series Queen Sugar from Ava DuVernay and Warner Horizon.
- With the addition of Discovery programming, Hulu With Live TV now delivers more than 60 top live channels as well as Hulu’s entire streaming TV library – now the largest in the U.S. – across internet-connected living room and mobile devices.
What they’re saying:
- Eric Phillips, President of Affiliate Distribution at Discovery: “At Discovery, we are committed to bringing our portfolio of high-quality, safe family friendly brands and content to viewers across every screen, service and device around the world. Our new agreement with Hulu affirms the strength of our brands and their value to viewers in a marketplace with an increasing array of options.”
- Lisa Holme, Vice President of Content Acquisition, and Reagan Feeney, Vice President of Network Partnerships at Hulu: “As the only streaming service offering a complete television experience, Hulu continues to strike strategic, efficient deals with top brands that bring extraordinary value to all of our subscribers. Discovery’s brand is synonymous with high-quality unscripted entertainment that TV fans love, which is why we are excited to bring their entire portfolio to our platform, across all of our subscription plans.”