A beloved eatery is set to return to the Disneyland Resort as it has been confirmed that Earl of Sandwich will be reopening at Downtown Disney.
UPDATE (10/1/18): After a brief delay, Earl of Sandwich’s Downtown Disney location reopened around noon today according to the OC Register. Apparently, the restaurant was awaiting some last-minute health department approvals before it could open its doors. Company spokesperson Amy Sadowsky told the Register, “We are absolutely delighted to be back and we’re looking forward to reconnecting with our loyal customers,” adding, “We are looking forward to being open as long as possible.”
- According to the Disney Parks Blog, Earl of Sandwich will be “soon” reopening their Downtown Disney location “for a limited time.”
- The famous hot sandwich shop has shuttered in June to make way for a new hotel planned to be built in the area.
- However, the project was later put on an indefinite hold after the City of Anaheim informed Disney that they’d no longer be eligible to receive tax benefits on the hotel since the site had moved since its approval.
- At this time there’s word on whether other locations that closed for the hotel project — including Rainforest Cafe, ESPN Zone, and a second Starbucks — would also be making a comeback, although it seems unlikely.
- Meanwhile, the district is also set to bring some new additions Ballast Point, Black Tap Craft Burgers & Shakes, and Salt & Straw in the coming months.