Disney has released a brand new trailer for Mary Poppins Returns, giving fans a closer look at the grown up Banks children and the beloved caregiver.
- That something in the air this morning was in actuality, the brand new trailer for Mary Poppins Returns.
- Disney has released another trailer giving fans a better sense for the practically perfect Mary and the fully grown up Jane and Michael Banks.
Mary Poppins Returns Summary:
- “In Disney’s Mary Poppins Returns, an all new original musical and sequel, Mary Poppins is back to help the next generation of the Banks family find the joy and wonder missing in their lives following a personal loss. Emily Blunt stars as the practically-perfect nanny with unique magical skills who can turn any ordinary task into an unforgettable, fantastic adventure and Lin-Manuel Miranda plays her friend Jack, an optimistic street lamplighter who helps bring light—and life—to the streets of London.”
Joining Emily Blunt and Lin-Manuel Miranda are an impressive group of actors and entertainers including:
- Ben Whishaw as Michael Banks
- Emily Mortimer as Jane Banks
- Julie Walters as the Banks’ housekeeper Ellen
- Pixie Davies as Anabel Banks
- Nathanael Saleh as John Bank
- Joel Dawson as Georgie Banks
- Colin Firth as Fidelity Fiduciary Bank’s William Weatherall Wilkins
- Meryl Streep as Mary’s eccentric cousin, Topsy
- Angela Lansbury appears as the Balloon Lady, a treasured character from the PL Travers books
- Dick Van Dyke is Mr. Dawes, Jr., the retired chairman of the bank now run by Firth’s character
Mary Poppins Returns arrives in theaters on December 19, 2018.