ESPN and Thirty Five Media have announced a joint project called The Boardroom that will explore sports business and give fans the rare opportunity to delve into a world they rarely see.
- ESPN and Thirty Five Media will team up to develop a new project called The Boardroom that will examine the ins and outs of sports business and illuminate the world of sports far beyond what fans ordinarily see.
- Thirty Five Media is owned by NBA star Kevin Durant and business partner Rich Kleiman.
- The six-episode series will be hosted by ESPN’s Jay Williams with Jordan Schultz as a correspondent, and featuring Durant and Kleiman, who also serve as the show’s executive producers.
- The Boardroom will be available exclusively on ESPN+.
- The Boardroom will bring fans behind the scenes of the modern boardroom, showcasing the evolution of sports business through the minds of athletes, sports executives and tech moguls alike.
- Each episode will focus on a broad theme, with topics ranging from team ownership to player development and the business of social media.
- Additional details and the official launch date will be announced soon.
What they’re saying:
- Kevin Durant: “We’re excited to partner with ESPN for this series. I’m looking forward to bringing fans insights from some of the greatest minds in in the sports business world and show how athletes and thought leaders are changing the game.”
- Connor Schell, ESPN Executive Vice President, Content: “This is a particularly interesting time for the business of sports. Players are increasingly evolving from business endorsers to active participants, decision makers, and owners. We are excited to collaborate with Kevin and Rich, who have both had a profound effect on the way that athletes interact with the business of sports and investment community.”
- Rich Kleiman: “Kevin and I are looking to tell compelling stories with every Thirty Five Media project, and The Boardroom exemplifies that. Each episode will feature topics that are top of mind for all sports fans in the form of candid conversations you can’t find anywhere else.”