Guardians of the Galaxy star and brother of former director James Gunn, Sean Gunn has stated that Marvel is planning to use his brother’s script, according to Tulsa World.
- Gunn has said the movie is still being made and his brother’s script will be used.
- Gunn plays the on-set Rocket Raccoon as well as Kraglin in the films.
- No information regarding the film has been officially announced by Marvel as of yet.
What they’re saying:
- Sean Gunn on the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 situation: “I don’t really know yet what’s going on with ‘Guardians 3.’ I know that Disney still wants to make the movie. I know that they have every intention of using the script that my brother wrote. Obviously, that was a very unfortunate situation for everybody, most of all him, but I am also somebody who had been preparing to spend half a year making that movie and now that’s up in the air.
- Gunn on Marvel’s plans to continue making the film: “Obviously, I think it’s a tricky proposition for them to find another director to step in — and also the scheduling of a lot of other actors who are incredibly busy can’t be easy. But I know that they plan on making the movie. I had not been contacted at all for a while, but I was recently contacted by Marvel saying, ‘Yeah, we do plan to make this movie. We’re just not sure when yet.’ ”
Catch up quick:
- James Gunn, who directed the first two Guardians of the Galaxy films, was fired by Disney back in July.
- Bobcat Goldthwait asked to be removed from an unannounced Disney show due to Gunns removal.
- The cast of the Guardians of the Galaxy films responded to the Gunn firing.
- Dave Bautista threatened to quit the film if Gunn’s script was not used.
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 was reportedly put on hold in August.