It sounds like we won’t be getting a Sister Act 3 after all. Disney is reportedly in the works on a remake version of the film that won’t be a continuation of the story so many know and love. However, according to an interview with Good Morning Britain, Whoopi Goldberg may make an appearance in the film.
- Movieweb reported that late last week, Whoopi Goldberg was interviewed on Good Morning Britain and was asked about the chances of there being a Sister Act 3.
- Goldberg told host, Kate Garraway, “We’ve been all over Disney begging. They’ve decided that they’re going to go in a different direction with Sister Act. So it won’t be Sister Act 3 it will be a brand new rendition of Sister Act, and I guess I’ll walk through a scene and that’s how they’ll say I was part of it.”
We put YOUR questions to living legend @WhoopiGoldberg.
— Good Morning Britain (@GMB) September 21, 2018
- Goldberg starred as Deloris Van Cartier in the original Sister Act and it’s sequel, Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit.
- Last year members of the original cast surprised Goldberg on The View to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the film.
- Sister Act has also inspired a Broadway musical that Goldberg produced.
- Goldberg is a Disney Legend and currently acts as moderator on ABC’s The View.