Marvel has announced the continuation of the Marvel Rising platform with two new animated specials.
- Dove Cameron will return as Ghost-Spider and BooBoo Stewart will return as Exile in Marvel Rising: Chasing Ghosts.
- Sofia Wylie will star as Riri Williams a.k.a. Ironheart in Marvel Rising: Heart of Iron.
- Marvel Rising launched in August with a series of shorts titled Marvel Rising: Initiation, and the animated feature Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors last weekend.
- Marvel Rising: Chasing Ghosts will be “a brand-new 22-minute special that follows Ghost-Spider teaming-up with the Secret Warriors to bring down the villains Sheath and Exile for good.”
- Marvel Rising: Heart of Iron is a 44-minute special that will feature “Riri Williams adjusting to college life and feeling socially isolated because she is younger than the other students. After Hala the Accuser destroys the school’s engineering lab and kidnaps Riri’s best friend, Riri finds inspiration in her hero Iron Man and hatches a plan to defeat Hala and save the day.”
- Release dates for both specials will be announced at a later date.
What they’re saying:
- Dove Cameron: “I am so excited to return to the world of ‘Marvel Rising’ as Ghost-Spider! It’s so rewarding to be part of a project that resonates with girls, and speaks to topics and subject matters we can all relate to.”
- Sofia Wylie: “I feel so honored to be a part of the Marvel family, but more importantly I’m excited to join a cast of diverse, strong intelligent women! I can’t wait for fans to see my character and to see a little of themselves in this powerful young woman.”
- Cort Lane, Marvel’s Senior Vice President of Animation & Family Entertainment: “We believe girls and boys are going to be so thrilled to see what happens next for The Secret Warriors, and watch new heroes shake up the team.”