Jon Favreau took to his Instagram account recently to share more new images from his upcoming Star Wars series, The Mandalorian, as detailed in the most recent episode of The Star Wars Show.
- Both images were shared without comment, so Favreau did not share any details on the meaning of the images.
- The Star Wars Show, however, dove into the images and explained just what they might mean for The Mandalorian.
- The above episode of The Star Wars Show also features an interview with Matthew Wood, the voice of General Grievous and a battalion of battle droids in Battlefront II.
- Favreau announced the title of the new series, along with details regarding the plot, earlier this month.
- The series will include episodes directed by:
- Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels)
- Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones)
- Rick Famuyiwa (Dope)
- Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates)
- Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok)
- The series will take place between the events of Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens.
- The Mandalorian will be heading to the Disney Streaming Service.
- No release date for The Mandalorian has been announced at this time.
- After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic
Other Star Wars Projects In Development:
In addition to The Mandalorian, other Star Wars films and series are in development.
- J.J Abrams is currently in production on Star Wars: Episode IX
- A new trilogy, unrelated to the Skywalker Saga, is under development by Rian Johnson
- An unknown series of film is being developed by Game of Thrones’ David Benioff and D.B. Weiss.