Hulu has announced two castings for their upcoming limited drama series Looking for Alaska.
- Hulu has announced the following actors to star in their upcoming new series:
- Kristine Froseth as Alaska Young – Beautiful, mercurial, and unpredictable, Alaska is the girl who broke your heart in high school — or she’s the girl it broke your heart not to be. An obsessive reader, she’s another student at Culver Creek Academy, a member of The Colonel’s clique of outcasts. An effervescent young woman who attracts Miles’s instant attention, she’s still a ball of fire, and it’s a pretty sure thing that somehow, some way, Miles is going to get burned here. Her outward confidence hides a broken home, and a past she is trying to outrun.
- Charlie Plummer as Miles Halter – Miles has the body of a gangly teenager and the soul of an old man. Bookish and unpopular in his native Florida, Miles has won a scholarship to the prestigious Culver Creek Academy in Alabama, and he’s more than willing to start all over, in a new school and a brand new state. Miles has memorized all the Famous Last Words of all the great men of history — and pretty much nobody else in Florida gives a rat’s ass about his morbid hobby. After escaping his mother’s smothering farewell embraces, Miles finds that academic life is not all that different at Culver Creek — only at this school, there is a clique of outcasts that instantly accepts Miles as a blood brother. And since this clique includes the fetching, mercurial, utterly lovable Alaska Young, Miles joins up on the spot.
- Looking for Alaska is based on John Green’s bestselling novel of the same name.
- The eight-episode limited series comes from from Paramount Television and Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage’s Fake Empire.
- Schwartz wrote the pilot and will serve as executive producer and showrunner. Savage executive produces with Jessica Tuchinsky, Mark Waters, Green and Marty Bowen and Isaac Klausner of Temple Hill. Fake Empire exec Lis Rowinski will co-executive produce.
- The series is based on the John Green novel of the same name. It is told through the eyes of teenager Miles “Pudge” Halter, as he enrolls in boarding school to try to gain a deeper perspective on life. He falls in love with a girl, Alaska Young, and after her unexpected death, he and his close friends attempt to uncover the truth behind her death and make sense of it.