ABC’s new drama, The Rookie, has reportedly been picked up for additional episodes, according to Variety.
- The Rookie has been given seven additional episodes, bringing its first season to a total of 20.
- The new drama series premiered on October 16.
- Check out our review of the new series here.
- Starting over isn’t easy, especially for small-town guy John Nolan (Nathan Fillion) who, after a life-altering incident, is pursuing his dream of being a Los Angeles police officer. As the force’s oldest rookie, he’s met with skepticism from some higher-ups who see him as just a walking midlife crisis. If he can’t keep up with the young cops and the criminals, he’ll be risking lives including his own. But if he can use his life experience, determination and sense of humor to give him an edge, he may just become a success in this new chapter of his life.
- Nathan Fillion as John Nolan
- Alyssa Diaz as Angela Lopez
- Richard T. Jones as Sergeant Wade Grey
- Titus Makin as Jackson West
- Mercedes Mason as Captain Zoe Andersen
- Melissa O’Neil as Lucy Chen
- Afton Williamson as Talia Bishop
- Eric Winter as Tim Bradford.